Community Newsletter: July 2023
Hey everyone! Fraser here with a monthly update for you. If you want to contribute to what we're building, or would like more regular weekly updates, please join our Slack community or follow us on Twitter.
Here's what's been happening in the world of Common Fate over the past months:
Common Fate Cloud - Beta
We're opening up the Common Fate Cloud beta to more users and the product is improving each week. You can keep an eye on what we're releasing in our Changelog.
Currently, we support the following:
- Just-in-time access to AWS, Kubernetes and databases (Postgres).
- Deep Slack integration - request and approve requests right from Slack.
- Configurable access triggers - set up automated access, approval rules and incident response workflows for your team.
- Fine grained auditing of all actions performed against your critical infrastructure.
If you'd like to get started with Common Fate Cloud, click the button above and a member of our team will give you a demo of the product, answer your questions and help you onboard.
Common Fate and fwdcloudsec
We were recently featured in a presentation by Rami McCarthy at the 2023 fwdcloudsec event titled 'Beyond the AWS Security Maturity Roadmap'. Granted and Common Fate Cloud were both featured as solutions in the Scaling Access Management category.
We've released some small improvements to Granted recently. Summary below:
- Request duration added via flag by @JoshuaWilkes in #432
- Add support for MFA with IAM credentials by @mfzl in #429
- Add auto-login flag to credential-process by @sosheskaz in #418
- Remove grant overlaps error in exp request aws workflow by @shwethaumashanker in #431
- Fix access message when duration flag is used by @shwethaumashanker in #434
- Make assume script a little more robust by @alexjurkiewicz in #435
- Automated sso populate and removed extra log messages by @shwethaumashanker in #433
- Fixed formatting by @shwethaumashanker in #436
Some amazing love for Granted too!
Stop what you're doing and setup Granted, not tomorrow, not next week, just do it now. I promise it is a simple as it sounds and you'll be wishing you had done it sooner. Everything just works and it greatly improves your workflow.
As always, we want to hear from you! If you have any feedback, suggestions, or ideas for how we can make Granted and Common Fate even better, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Until next time,
The Common Fate Team